- We calculate your hotel’s Rate Index for each day; your lowest BAR divided by the comp set average BAR.
- Example. If your BAR is $89.99 and the average rate of your comp set is $109.99, than your Rate Index would be 89.99 / 109.99 = 81.81
- A Rate Index below 100 (Red) means your BAR is below the average comp set BAR.
- A Rate Index above 100 (Green) means your BAR is above the average comp set BAR.
- The rate in the lower-left corner is the lowest rate we found in your comp set.
- The rate in the lower-right corner is the highest rate we found in your comp set.
- The Index also displays days where we found no availability for your hotel during our shopping.
UPDATE: The Index was recently updated to include two extra numbers.
1. The rate in the top-left corner is the Client hotels BAR rate from that date.
2. The rate in the top-right corner is the comp sets average BAR rate for that date.